pH, Scale Control, Total Alkalinity, and Minerals
Keeping your spa or hot tub water balanced is important as it will prevent future problems (like damaged equipment) from occurring. You may be thinking, “Where do I even start?!” That’s what we are for. Here are the primary things you need to know…
- Our balancers product line will balance scale control, pH, total alkalinity and minerals in your hot tub water.
- Balancer products are not your primary treatment but are a key component in regular maintenance depending on your water.
- Adding balancer products is the third step to your weekly maintenance – easy!
- Scale control, pH, total alkalinity and minerals are a key component to your bather comfort.
- Our balancer product line includes the following!
When to use what…
- If your pH is low, you’ll want to add pH Increaser to reduce corrosion in your spa or hot tub.
- When the pH is too high, we suggest using pH Decreaser to prevent cloudy water due to high pH.
- If your total alkalinity in your spa is low, use Total Alkalinity Increaser to prevent equipment damage and to eliminate “pH bounce” by balancing your total alkalinity.
- If you notice degradation of your spa surface or corrosion of equipment, Calcium Increaser will help protect your spa and equipment and ensure a longer life.
Balancers are the third step of regular maintenance. Determine the additional needs of your spa by testing your water. There is a wide variety of different products for your hot tub. We offer top of the line Spa Balancer products provided by SpaGuard. A lot of the balancers protect your spa or hot tub from corrosion (especially the PH level of your spa water) and how comfortable your spa water is.
PH is extremely important to your hot tub water. PH levels in your hot tub should vary between 7.4 and 7.6. If you don’t know the PH levels in your hot tub, you can get a specific testing strip for PH levels. You can also determine if your PH is too high by noticing cloudy and dull water. If your PH levels are too low, you’ll notice corrosion or scale build up in your spa.
If you have further questions, don’t hesitate to reach out here!