Pool water is affected by the environment and the frequency of it being used. If you want a clean and safe pool water, it is essential to control and treat it regularly. Disinfection must be continuous to prevent the proliferation of microorganisms and bacteria. Swimming pool maintenance can be carried out with chlorine, bromine or active oxygen. PH regulation and water balance are also important. These steps are essential to avoid eye and skin irritation.
There is a full range of complementary products available to solve pool water problems and prevent their recurrence.
Splash Perfect Swimming Pool Maintenance Products
Burn Out 3$9.99 Read more
Smart Shock 1LB Bag$12.99 Read more
Algae Complete$65.99 Read more
Lo’N Slo$18.99 Add to cart
SilkGuard Complete Sticks$79.99 Add to cart
BackUp 2$29.99 Add to cart
Algae All 60$30.99 Add to cart
Balance Pak 200$15.99 Read more
SilkGuard Complete 3” Chlorinating Tablets$40.99 Add to cart
SilkGuard Complete 3” Chlorinating Tablets (7LB)$70.99 Read more
Balance Pak 200 (8LB)$35.99 Read more
Balance Pak 300$17.99 Add to cart
Balance Pak 300 (12LB)$34.99 Add to cart
Oxysheen$10.99 Read more
Smart Shock (2LB)$20.99 Add to cart
Arctic Blue® Winter Kit 12K$37.99 Read more
Arctic Blue® Winter Kit 24K$78.99 Add to cart
Pool Opening Complete®$19.99 Add to cart
Pool Tonic$34.99 Add to cart
Off The Wall$14.99 Add to cart
Pool Maintenance 101: How to Maintain a Pool
We are talking about the most popular treatment of the general public, to the point that its smell is associated with the pool.
Why Chlorine? It is efficient and has a good quality/price ratio.
Without paying too much in chemistry, it is good to know that chlorinated products are part of the family of halogens. They are very powerful disinfectants and oxidizers in the fight against bacteria, fungi, viruses and organic matter.
Chlorine’s efficiency is highest in very acidic waters (very low pH). It also means that it is less effective in pools with high pH. Acidic pool water can be very harsh on the skin, so you need to compromise and find the right balance between efficiency and comfort. The ideal pH is 7.2.
Benefits of Using Chlorine for Swimming Pool Maintenance
- Afterglow power. It purifies water and destroys germs as they appear.
- Doubles as an Algaecide. In regular use, chlorine has good algaecidal properties.
- Cost Effective. It is cheap. A pebble is usually enough for a week of treatment. It is the least expensive treatment on the market.
- Easy to use. The pebbles are practical to use and offers a complete germ-killing action.
Bromine is a powerful oxidizer and disinfectant. It allows a complete action on all germs, eliminating bacteria, viruses, fungi and other organic matter brought into the water of your pool
Advantages of Using Bromine
- Superior Bathing Comfort. Bromine does not cause skin irritations and does not have a distinct odor.
- Three-fold Action. Bromine is a disinfectant, an oxidizer and an algaecide in one. It allows you to reduce the need for complementary products and use less algaecides.
- Non-UV Sensitive. Bromine is not that sensitive to ultraviolet (UV) rays and does not need to be stabilized. This makes the water more loaded and changing it can be more spaced.
- Highly Effective in Hot Tubs. It is very effective in warm water with high temperatures.
- Stable in High PH Environment. Even with a high water pH, bromine remains active. If you water pH is 8, Chlorine remains active at 20% while the Bromine remains active at 80%.
Without chemicals, as simply as possible, ecological, simple and effective.
How does it work?
- Introduce 4 to 5 grams of salt per liter of water, all in the form of pellet for it to be simple.
- Turn on your filtration.
- The salt will be transformed by electrolysis into natural active chlorine, called sodium hypochlorite. The latter will eradicate microorganisms, germs and other bacteria.
Is salt water used as a stand-alone treatment? Not quite, without the electrolyzer, nothing happens.
Water circulates between titanium electrodes coated with precious metals to be treated. The diffusion of the quantity of chlorine in your water is managed by means of a control box controlling an electrolysis cell.
Advantages of Salt Electrolysis for Pool Maintenance
- The production of chlorine is naturally renewed constantly. It is an ecological and natural solution and very economical.
- The electrolyzer manages the pool treatment automatically and continuously. There is little or no human intervention at all.
- A water of very good quality, healthy, without bad smells and without risk of allergies.
- No irritation of the eyes, drying of the skin or discoloration of the shirts.
- With the electrolyzer in place and the initial injection of salt made, the cost of treatment is extremely low.
- Implemented directly on the filtration system, this process is compatible with all types of pools.
What is the most Ecological Swimming Pool Maintenance Treatment?
Salt water pool is the most ecological pool maintenance system out of the three. Salt is a natural element and no chemicals are used. It is a solution that respects the environment and our health. His handling is not dangerous and no need to worry about an overdose. No more eye, skin, allergies, or even discoloration of swimsuits.
Chlorine has well-known disadvantages for pool maintenance. It can cause skin and breathing problems. A chlorinated pool water can be risky for people with asthma. Chlorine is a strong chemical and needs to be used wisely.
What is the most Economical Pool Maintenance System?
Without hesitation, it is the chlorine that costs the least. It is a very cheap product and to use in small quantity. It only takes a small amount of chlorine to sanitize the pool for the entire week depending on the pool size. Depending on the product, you may need a skimmer or a floating chlorine dispenser. The prices of these small devices are quite affordable. We strongly advise not to go through supermarkets. They will not be able to advise you or help you with any technical questions.
Salt pool maintenance is more ecological but the installation requires a little more investment initially. The prices of a salt electrolysis system vary between $600 and $ 2000 for models with an integrated pH regulator. On the other hand, salt is cheap and it takes very little. There are 5 grams per liter at startup plus some supplements in the year. It is an excellent value for money, not to mention the benefits on health and the environment, which is priceless.