Summer is Here!
It’s every pool owner’s favorite season; pool season! With that being said, if you’re a pool owner you may already be aware of the challenges of owning a pool. It’s all fun and games until you realize you’re in a chlorine demand, luckily you’ve found us! Here are five tips that will help you take on pool season like a pro.
- Balance Pool Water – First thing’s first, balancing your pool water is always the number one rule. Sanitize, Shock and Balance! You should already have treated your pool (even without knowing you were going to have a pool party) but if you know one is in the near future always double check!
- Turn Pool Heater On – We’re just trying to score you some brownie points here! If you have a pool heater it’s always …always essential to have balanced water before you decide to add more heat to your pool. Bacteria grows better in warmer environments, therefore if you’re already behind on chlorine levels, it’s about to get worse! Make sure you’re prepared for heat before you turn it on.
- Pool Safety – Will you have guests that aren’t strong swimmers? Will you have a large amount of guests? Be aware of the swimming skills of those invited to your pool so that you’re properly prepared. Life vests, extra supervision or a first aid kits are all good ideas! This way everyone enjoys their time!
- Clean Up Landscaping Around Pool – Save yourself from extra debris getting into your pool water. With a lot of people in and out of the pool, it’s easy for that extra debris to get carried into your pool. Pro tip number four, clean up around your pool deck before your pool party. This way less debris ends up in your pool.
- Post-Party Clean Up – This is the most important tip! A lot of people tend to close the pool cover and deal with their pool on another day. It’s really easy for your pool water to get unbalanced when there’s high traffic. Vacuum or use a pool net to take out any floating debris. Treat the pool water and check on it again to make sure it’s properly balanced.
These are just a few ways to make sure your pool maintenance doesn’t get as out of hand as your next pool party! If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us here! Otherwise, if you have more tips for the best summer pool party – let us know in the comments!