Once a week Dual Action algicide for all types of pools. Prevents and kills green, mustard and black Algae. A highly effective fast-acting swimming pool algae destroyer. This product kills all types of pool algae: black algae, green algae, and mustard algae. BioGuard Algae Complete is formulated to complement most swimming pool sanitizers. This product is effective and non-staining when used as directed. When used as directed you will see results in 24 hours. Bioguard Algae Complete is non-foaming and can be used in pool with attached spas or jetted returns.
1. Do not use in pools sanitized with biguanides or pools treated with hydrogen peroxide.
2. Prior to the initial application of this products, test pool water for the presence of metals. If metals are present, apply a metal stain preventative per label directions.
3. When using other products, always follow the label directions for those products.
4. In use dilution, this product is non-staining to pool surfaces and equipment.
Prior to application:
1. Ensure all equipment is working properly. If necessary, clean the filter system.
2. Adjust pH between 7.2-7.6.
3. Establish and maintain proper chlorine or bromine levels. In chlorine-treated pools, add stabilizer to establish a minimum level of 30-40 ppm of cyanuric acid to reduce the degrading effects of sunlight on chlorine residual.
4. Vacuum leaves and any other foreign debris from pool.
5. Brush visible algae thoroughly from the pool’s surface with a surface-compatible brush.
To prevent pool algae:
1. Initially apply 8 fluid ounces of this product per 10,000 gallons of pool water with pump and filter operating.
2. Thereafter, for weekly application intervals, add 1.5 fluid ounces per 10,000 gallons of pool water. For two week application intervals, add 3 fluid ounces per 10,000 gallons of pool water every other week. Apply more often if pool volume is diluted by heavy rain, frequency back-washing or partial drain/refill.
3. Wait at least 15 minutes after application before entering pool.
Treatment of Visible Pool Algae:
1. Apply a BioGuard oxidizer per label directions.
2. Allow to circulate for 1 hour.
3. With pump and filter operating, apply 16 fluid ounces of this product per 10,000 gallons of pool water directly to the pool water in areas of heaviest algae growth.
4. Continuously circulate pool water or 24 hours.
5. The next day, thoroughly brush pool surfaces.
6. Prior to re-entry, test chlorine level. Do not enter pool until chlorine level is between 1-4 ppm.
7. in cases of persistent algae, repeat brushing and product application after 2-4 days.